Saturday, January 6, 2024

Baseball Glove: How To Break It In!

                                              Breaking In A Baseball Glove

                                 (click the above link for 12-minute video)


An ode to baseball gloves: Why players love their mitts so much


You held my hand in joy and in sorrow, in that indescribable elation of victory and in that indescribable hollow heartbreak of defeat.

You were my friend, you were my constant companion, you were an extension of me ... of my left hand.

The first time I saw you was on a shelf in a Dallas sporting goods store. And I thought nothing could be more beautiful. You cost $25 and I thought it might as well have been a thousand dollars.

We all love to hang special memories on our walls, a tribute to the wonderful days in our past. But some memories don't need to be hung on a wall. Some memories are etched into our hearts, our very souls and they are there forever — as vivid as a night at the movie theater, as fresh as five minutes ago.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment